16.1.11

Mixtape Monday #8: '90s Dance Party Vol. 1 (Canadian Hits)

1. B4-4 – Get Down
I got mad love for this Canadian version of a boyband – it's even a tangible, viewable love.

2. Sugar Jones – Days Like That
Mrs. Remy Shand and co. were collectively known as Sugar Jones, the winners of the first season of the strange reality TV show Popstars. I mean, who really paid attention to it? Does anyone really remember Velvet Empire? No? Bueller? Bueller?

3. Bass Is Base – I Cry
I'm probably the only person I know who owns Memories of the Soul Shack Survivors. I often refer to the group as a proto Black Eyed Peas who could've been way bigger had they come along a few years later when the public was more accepting of genre-fucking such as this.

4. Kim Stockwood – You Jerk
I loved being able to sing the chorus as a kid and not get in trouble. Thank you, Mix 96... And thank you Kim Stockwood, you probably won't remember this.

5. Ashley MacIsaac – Sleepy Maggie
Who doesn't like a fiddle in their pop hits? Epic deliciousness by a crazed Maritimer... And I'm not talking about Buck 65.

Zip file with all of the songs

No comments:

Post a Comment